Cross Country Newsletter (11/12/12 )
It was a beautiful Crisp morning at Mt Sac for our prelims. What an exciting set of races! I was proud of the effort put forth by all of our athletes, and I would like to thank all of those who came to cheer on the team.
The boys finished 8th in their heat (66th out of all 540 schools contesting cross country in the CIF-SS), with a time of 81:58 on this hilly, challenging course. While the boys’ team does not go on to CIF finals, Jackson Marshall is able to go on as an individual with a time of 15:24 (# 27 runner in the entire meet). I would like to congratulate all the boys on their hard work. You can take pride in what you have accomplished. This has been a good experience for a young team, and I look forward to next year for you. Justin, as our only senior boy, I’d like to say I am proud of how you ended this season.
For the Girls team, they finished 3rd in their heat (16th out of all the 540 schools that contest cross country in the CIF-SS), with a time of 94:12, and are continuing on to CIF Finals. Great Job Ladies!
Next week (at Mt. Sac again) will be the most challenging race of the season to date, as we face some of the best schools in the State. We need to remain focused, continue our training, and be ready both mentally and physically to run a great race next Saturday.
Athletes of the Meet: Jackson Marshall (15:24 ) took 5th in his heat, and continues on to CIF Finals and Alyssa Gutcher (18:26 ) took 11th in her heat, to lead the girls to CIF Finals.
CIF Finals Schedule:
Boys D2 Race (Jackson): 9:05
Girls D2 Race: 10:05
Remember… Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment